Apologies to the world.

I had thought of removing all of the offensive posts that I've ever posted on all my online platforms such as Blogger, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and as a guest on other peoples platforms. I had thought of taking down my books that may have offended others especially those that are on www.amazon.com and other platforms as well and start afresh on a clean slate and on a positive note. That would be a great and honourable thing to do to ease my conscience which would make me feel like a brand new person.

On second thought, I decided against it. It seem like a coward thing to do. Cowards run away and don't own up to their actions. I'm a Madibaist and must suffer the consequences of my actions or inactions. I asked myself this question, 'what would Nelson Madiba Mandela have done if he were in my shoes?' Let us remember that Madiba spent almost 3 decades in prison. He could have escaped and ran away if the opportunity had presented itself. Maybe an opportunity did present itself for Madiba to escape prison.

There were more powerful international establishments that could have sprung Madiba out of prison during that time he was in prison. These powerful international establishments were more powerful than the Apartheid regime. Maybe they didn't like Madiba at all or maybe he never put forth such a request for their assistance to escape prison.

Perhaps Madiba didn't ask to be sprung out of prison because he was not a coward. After all, for Madiba, freedom from Apartheid was an ideal that he was prepared to die for. Madiba was an idealist and visionary who knew that Apartheid could be defeated from the inside and not outside in exile. Exile and guerrilla tactics could not defeat the resolute Apartheid government.

I had no enemies at birth until I myself created such enemies as an adult through my foolishness, pomposity, hindsight and arrogance and had to live with that. Taking down all of my posts and books would mean that I was escaping from the Robben Island prison that I had created all by myself and that would be cowardly.

Therefore, I am facing my demons and owning up to my mistakes. I am not taking down the Frankenstein that I created. However, I want to keep the monster online alive to serve as a reminder to never create another one.

With all that said, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to everyone that I've wronged in the past, in the present and promise not to do so in the future. I know that I have offended many people and most of them are in positions of power and they could have shared that power with me. I stepped on toes that will never forgive if I don't apologise.

Please, find it in your hearts to forgive me. Let your human milk of kindness flow into my cup through forgiveness.

To err is human but to forgive is divine.

Let's all start afresh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to President Cyril Ramaphosa.

The aSASSAnation of Lindiwe Zulu.